A variety of books and articles are available on graduate student career and professional development. Publications range from general resources intended for a broad audience to resources specific to disciplines or specific career paths.
- The Academic Job Search Handbook by Julia Miller Vick and Jennifer S. Furlong (2008) - new edition in 2015
- “So What Are You Going to Do with That?”: Finding Careers Outside Academia by Susan Basalla and Maggie Debelius (2007)
- Outside the Ivory Tower: A Guide for Academics Considering Alternative Careers by Margret Newhouse (1993)
- A PhD Is Not Enough!: A Guide to Survival in Science by Peter J. Feibelman (2011)
- Alternative Careers in Science: Leaving the Ivory Tower, 2nd edition, edited by: Cynthia Robbins-Roth (2006)
- The Academic Job Search Handbook by Julia Miller Vick and Jennifer S. Furlong (2008)